Neko Harbor is a small bay indenting the east shore of Andvord Bay 6 miles southeast of Beneden Head, along the west coast of Graham Land. First seen and roughly charted by the BelgAE under Gerlache, 1897-99. Named after Messrs. Chr. Salvesen's floating factory Neko, which operated in the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula area for many seasons between 1911-12 and 1923-24, and which often used this bay. The name was published by the Scottish geologist David Ferguson in 1921, following his visit to this area in 1913.